We are so grateful for all the individuals who have an interest in volunteering at Marcus Autism Center. However, because we are a healthcare organization, we have some requirements you must fulfill before volunteering.
Participating volunteers must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Submit an application.
- Pass a criminal background check. Eligibility for placement is dependent upon information obtained. If you do not have a Social Security number, include a copy of your passport showing your passport number and the individual tax identification number (ITIN), if applicable. (Note: the background consent form must be notarized)
- Receive any additional training before you start.
- Fulfill the required time commitment, generally a minimum of 3 to 6 hours.
- Follow all policies and procedures.
- Receive a tuberculosis skin test administered by a nurse and provide proof of measles, mumps and rubella immunity.
- If working directly with children, you must have had (or must agree to have) a hepatitis B vaccination