Parents' Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I make an appointment for a new patient?
Step 1: The legal guardian should call our intake department at 404-785-9350 to register the child. You are required to submit documentation of legal guardianship in case of divorce, adoption, foster placement or DFCS custody. Please fax this information to 404-785-9067
before completing step 2.
Step 2: Fill out the e-take form
. If you do not have a computer to use, call 404-785-9350 to request a form be mailed to you.
Step 3: You will get an email after your form has been reviewed with a contact number to call and discuss your appointment.
2. What will happen at the first appointment?
- You will meet with a clinician to talk about your child’s medical, developmental and social history. This information helps us make a diagnosis.
- We offer many services. Your child may see more than one specialist.
3. When will I get an appointment?
- For some programs, we will make an appointment when you register.
- We might have to look at your e-take form to how many services are needed. We will then make a referral. We will call you to make an appointment.
- Some programs have long wait times. We will call you when an appointment is available.
- Call 404-785-9350 if you have questions.
4. How do I make a follow-up appointment?
These appointments are made before you leave our office. Call 404-785-9350 if you could not make one.
5. How do I make an appointment for a different department?
- Your clinician can make a referral.
- Or you can use the e-take form. On the form, include all the departments and clinicians your child has seen. We will make a referral.
6. How do I know if Marcus Autism Center takes my insurance?
We will look at your insurance benefits. We will call you before your appointment to talk about any payments you have to make. Your insurance might pay more or less for some services.
7. What payment methods are accepted?
Cash, check, MasterCard, Visa, American Express or debit card
8. What information do I need?
- Bring a copy of your child’s school, doctor, psychological and therapy records to the first appointment.
- Or fax the records to 404-785-9430. Write your child’s name and birth date on all the pages.
9. How do I request a copy of my child’s medical records?
Call 404-785-9417 or visit the medical records section for more information.
10. When is Marcus Autism Center open?
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday
Visit our parent resource page for more information.
11. Is there more than one Marcus Autism Center location?
We have clinics and offer telemedicine for some services.
12. Is there an age limit for patients?
We see children up to age 21 if they are currently in high school.
13. How can I take part in research studies?
We have research studies to help us learn more about autism and related conditions. If you would like to take part, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our research coordinator will contact you.