Assistant Professor, Emory University School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
Kristen Criado, PhD, earned her doctorate in clinical psychology at the University of Florida. She completed her internship and post-doctoral fellowship training in pediatric psychology at the Mailman Center for Child Development at the University of Miami.
After working as a research assistant professor in the department of psychology at the University of Miami, Dr. Criado joined Marcus Autism Center and the faculty at Emory University School of Medicine as Assistant Professor of Pediatrics.
Dr. Criado is a Senior Psychologist in the Feeding Program at Marcus Autism Center where she conducts feeding evaluations, provides clinical intervention in the Outpatient and Day Treatment programs and supervises staff and psychology interns.
Her research endeavors focus on instrument development and treatment outcome research. Specifically, she is developing a measure of feeding problems in children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) as well as a weight management program for children with autism who are overweight.
Dr. Criado is a licensed psychologist in Georgia. She is certified as a therapist in parent child interaction therapy, an empirically supported treatment for children with disruptive behavior problems.
- Sharp, W.G., Postorino, V., McCracken, C.E., Berry, R.C., Criado, K.K., Burrell, T.L., & Scahill, L. (2018). Dietary Intake, Nutrient Status, and Growth Parameters in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder and Severe Food Selectivity: An Electronic Medical Record Review. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 118 (10), 1943-1950.
- Criado, K.K., Sharp, W.G., McCracken, C.E., De Vinck-Baroody, O., Dong, L., Aman, M.G., McDougle, C.J., McCracken, J.T., Eugene Arnold, L., Weitzman, C., Leventhal, J.M., Vitiello, B., & Scahill, L. (2017). Overweight and obese status in children with autism spectrum disorder and disruptive behavior. Autism: The International Journal of Research and Practice, 22 (4), 450-459.
- Sharp, W.G., Stubbs, K.H., Adams, H., Wells, B.M., Lesack, R.S., Criado, K.K., Simon, E.L., McCracken, C.E., West, L.L., & Scahill, L.D. (2016). Intensive, Manual-based Intervention for Pediatric Feeding Disorders: Results From a Randomized Pilot Trial. Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, 62 (4), 658-663.
- Berry, R.C., Novak, P., Withrow, N., Schmidt, B., Rarback, S., Feucht, S., Criado, K.K., & Sharp, W.G. (2015). Nutrition Management of Gastrointestinal Symptoms in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder: Guideline from an Expert Panel. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 115 (12), 1919-1927.
- Quittner, A.L., Marciel, K.K., Salathe, M.A., O'Donnell, A.E., Gotfried, M.H., Ilowite, J.S., Metersky, M.L., Flume, P.A., Lewis, S.A., McKevitt, M., Montgomery, A. B., O'Riordan, T.G., & Barker, A.F. (2014). A preliminary quality of life questionnaire-bronchiectasis: a patient-reported outcome measure for bronchiectasis. Chest, 146 (2), 437-448.
- Criado, K. (2017, Feb. 20) Pediatric feeding disorders and treatment. Presented at the Atlanta Area Dietetic Interns Didactic Program, Marcus Autism Center, Atlanta, Ga.
- Criado, K., & Roberts, P. (2017, Feb. 17) Assessment and treatment of pediatric feeding disorders: A multidisciplinary approach. Invited presentation for the Georgia Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Criado, K. (2016, Sept. 9) Obesity in children with ASD: Development of an interdisciplinary intervention for weight management. Presented at Marcus Autism Center Grand Rounds, Atlanta, GA.
- Criado, K. (2016, March 14) Pediatric feeding disorders and treatment. Presented at Nursing Education Day for North Georgia University, Marcus Autism Center, Atlanta, GA.