Assistant Professor, Emory University School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
T. Lindsey Burrell, PhD, is an Assistant Professor at Emory University School of Medicine. She received her PhD in clinical psychology at Texas Tech University. She continued her training through a clinical internship and post-doctoral fellowship at Marcus Autism Center.
Dr. Burrell’s research focuses on developing, evaluating and delivering parent-mediated interventions to improve feeding in young children. She provides clinical services through the Feeding Program at Marcus Autism Center.
- Burrell, T. (2019). Calories in crisis. New Scientist, 241, 30 - 33.
- Sharp, W.G., Postorino, V., McCracken, C.E., Berry, R.C., Criado, K.K., Burrell, T.L., & Scahill, L. (2018). Dietary intake, nutrient status, and growth parameters in children with autism spectrum disorder and severe food selectivity: an electronic medical record review. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 118, 1943-1950.
- Bearss, K., Burrell, T.L., Stewart, L., & Scahill, L. (2015). Erratum to: parent training in autism spectrum disorder: what’s in a name? Clinical Child and Family Psychology Review, 18, 183.
- Bearss, K., Burrell, T.L.,Stewart, L., & Scahill, L. (2015) Parent training in autism spectrum disorder: what’s in a name? Clinical Child and Family Psychology Review, 18, 170-182.
- Sharp, W.G., Burrell, T.L., & Jaquess, D.L. (2014). The Autism MEAL Plan: a parent-training curriculum to manage eating aversions and low intake among children with autism. Autism, 18, 712-722.
- Burrell, T.L., & Smith, N. (2018, September). Why won’t they eat? When feeding a child is anything but typical. Community Connections. Lecture conducted from Stone Mountain, GA.
- Burrell, L., Rubio, E.K., Berry, R., Pettus, J., Stubbs, K., Gillespie, S., Clark, M., Scahill, L., & Sharp, W.C. (2018, April). Increasing Oral Intake in Children with Formula Dependence: A parent-Mediated Intervention. Society of Pediatric Psychology Annual Conference (SPPAC). Lecture conducted from Orlando, FL.
- Burrell, T.L. (2017, November). Parent-mediated intervention for food refusal with formula and/or feeding tube dependence. North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition (NASPGHAN). Lecture conducted from Las Vegas, NV.
- Burrell, T.L. (2017, November). Group-based parent training to manage disruptive behavior in children with autism spectrum disorder. 51st Annual Convention of the Association of Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (ABCT). Lecture conducted from San Diego, CA.
- Burrell, T.L. (2017, August). Telehealth Application of the RUBI Autism Network Parent Training Program. 125th Annual Convention of the American Psychological Association (APA). Lecture conducted from Washington, DC.
- Burrell, T.L., Bearss, K. (2016, March). A pilot study of parent training via telehealth for children with ASD and disruptive behavior. Lecture conducted from Georgia Partnership for TeleHealth in Jekyll Island, GA.
- Burrell, T.L. (2015, October). Parent training in practice: Successes and tribulations. American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Annual Meeting. Lecture conducted from San Antonio, TX.
- Burrell, T.L., Sharp, W. (2015, May). The Autism Meal Plan: A Parent-Training Curriculum to Manage Eating Aversions and Low Intake Among Children with ASD. International Meeting for Autism Research (IMFAR). Lecture conducted from Salt Lake City, UT.