Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Emory University School of Medicine
Rachel Yosick, PsyD, BCBA-D, is a licensed psychologist and board-certified behavior analyst–doctoral in the Language and Learning Program at Marcus Autism Center. Dr. Yosick completed her doctorate in clinical child psychology at the Georgia School of Professional Psychology and obtained her certification in applied behavior analysis from Florida Institute of Technology. She completed her predoctoral internship and postdoctoral fellowship at Marcus Autism Center and Emory University School of Medicine, where she gained extensive experience working with children affected by autism and significant language delays, severe problem behavior, and feeding difficulties.
Dr. Yosick's research interests include teaching strategies for promoting early language, play and social skills, as well as dissemination of best behavioral treatment practices to a wide array of professionals. She is also currently investigating methods to establish social and tangible reinforcers in children significantly impacted by autism.
- Yosick, R. N., Muskat, L. R., Bowen, C. N., Delfs, C. H., & Shillingsburg, M. A. (2015). Increasing Single-Word Requests to Multiword Requests in Children with Autism and Related Disabilities. Behavioral Interventions, 31(1), 28–43. doi: 10.1002/bin.1434
- Shillingsburg, M. A., Hollander, D. L., Yosick, R. N., Bowen, C., & Muskat, L. R. (2015). Stimulus-Stimulus Pairing to Increase Vocalizations in Children with Language Delays: a Review. The Analysis of Verbal Behavior, 31(2), 215–235. doi: 10.1007/s40616-015-0042-2
- Yosick, R., Delfs, C.H., Walton, W., & Kansal, B. (2017). Telehealth delivery of a caregiver mediated intervention for minimally verbal children with ASD. Presented at the International Meeting for Autism Research (IMFAR) in San Francisco, CA.
- Yosick, R., Delfs, C.H., Baker, A., Bartlett, B.L., Thompson, T., Shirk, S., & Kansal, B. (2016). The predictive validity of a parent-report measure of verbal behavior. Presented at the annual convention of the Association for Behavior Analysis International (ABAI) in Chicago, IL.
- Yosick, R. & Delfs, C.H. (2016). Review of the use of the Verbal Behavior Milestones Assessment and Placement Program (VB-MAPP) in published literature. Poster presentation presented at the annual convention of the Association for Behavior Analysis International (ABAI) in Chicago, IL.
- Walton, W., Yosick, R., Shillingsburg, M.A., & Delfs, C.H. (2016). Caregiver-mediated mand training using telehealth: A feasibility study. Presented at the annual convention of the Association for Behavior Analysis International (ABAI) in Chicago, IL.