Program Director, Psychologist
Assistant Professor, Emory University School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
Colin Muething, PhD, BCBA-D, received his doctorate in school psychology from The University of Texas at Austin and completed his doctoral internship and post-doctoral residency at Marcus Autism Center. Dr. Muething is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at Emory University School of Medicine and a Psychologist in the Severe Behavior Program at Marcus Autism Center, where he serves as Program Manager of the Day Treatment Program.
Dr. Muething was recently appointed President-Elect of the Georgia Association of Behavior Analysis. He also serves on the editorial boards for the Journal of Behavioral Education and Journal of Developmental and Physical Disabilities.
His research interests include assessment and treatment for severe problem behavior, the mechanisms that mediate treatment effectiveness and reporting large outcomes from these treatments.
- Falcomata, T. S., Muething, C. S., Silbaugh, B. C., Adami, S., Hoffman, K., Shpall, C., & Ringdahl, J.E. (2018). Lag Schedules and Functional Communication Training: Persistence of Mands and Relapse of Problem Behavior. Behavior Modification, 42, 314-334.
- Lomas Mevers, J., Muething, C., Call, N. A., Scheithauer, M., & Hewett, S. (2018). A consecutive case series analysis of a behavioral intervention for enuresis in children with developmental disabilities. Developmental Neurorehabilitation, 21 (5), 336-344.
- Muething, C. S., Falcomata, T. S., Ferguson, R., Swinnea, S., & Shpall, C. (2018). An evaluation of delay to reinforcement and mand variability during functional communication training. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 51 (2), 263-275.
- Scheithauer, M., Muething, C. S., Silva, M. R., Gerencser, K. R., Krantz, J., & Call, N. A. (2018). Using caregiver report on the impact of challenging behavior exhibited by children with autism spectrum disorder to guide treatment development and outcomes. International Journal of Developmental Disabilities, 1-12.
- Call, N. A., Reavis, A. R., Clark, S. B., Parks, N. A., Cariveau, T., & Muething, C. S. (2017). The Effects of Conducting a Functional Analysis on Problem Behavior in Other Settings: A Descriptive Study on Potential Interaction Effects. Behavior Modification, 41(5), 609-625.
- Muething, C. S., Call, N. A., Lomas Mevers, J., Zangrillo, A. N., Clark, S. B., & Reavis, A. R. (2017). Correspondence between the results of functional analyses and brief functional analyses. Developmental Neurorehabilitation, 20 (8), 549-559.
- McKenna, J. W., Muething, C., Flower, A., Bryant, D. P., & Bryant, B. (2015). Use and relationships among effective practices in co-taught inclusive high school classrooms. International Journal of Inclusive Education, 19, 53-70.
- Falcomata, T. S., Muething, C. S., Roberts, G. J., Hamrick, J., & Shpall, C. (2014). Further evaluation of latency-based brief functional analysis methods: An evaluation of treatment utility. Developmental Neurorehabilitation, 19 (2), 88-94.
- Flower, A., McKenna, J. W., Bunuan, R. L., Muething, C. S., & Vega, R. (2014). Effects of the Good Behavior Game on Challenging Behaviors in School Settings. Review of Educational Research, 84, 546-571.
- Muething, C. S., Call, N., Clark, S. B., Lomas Mevers, J., & Leary, R. (2018, May) Prevalence of renewal during generalization of treatments for problem behavior. Presented at the 43rd Annual Convention of the Association of Behavior Analysis International, San Diego, CA.
- Muething, C. S.*, Lomas Mevers, J., Scheithauer, M., Mauzy, C., Call, N., & Pincus, J. (2017, May) A consecutive case review of interventions and generalization variables for problem behavior maintained by social-positive reinforcement. Presented at the 42nd Annual Convention Association of Behavior Analysis International, Denver, CO.
- Muething, C. S.*, Call, N., Lomas Mevers, J., Zangrillo, A., Reavis, A. R., & Parks, N. A. (2016, May) Further analysis of the correspondence between the results of functional analyses and brief functional analyses. Presented at the 41st Annual Convention of the Association of Behavior Analysis International, Chicago, IL.
- Muething, C.S.*, Falcomata, T. S., Shpall, C., Ferguson, R., & Swinnea, S. (2015, May) An evaluation of delay to reinforcement and variant responding. Presented at the 40th Annual Convention of the Association of Behavior Analysis International, San Antonio, TX.