Marcus Autism Center and Camp Twin Lakes have partnered to offer families of children with autism a weekend camp experience. We host camp at the Twin Lakes Will-a-Way location in Winder, GA. Activities available include swimming, canoeing/kayaking, water games, horseback riding, arts and crafts, archery and more.
Who should come to camp?
- We are excited to host children with autism within the age range of 5-18 who are ready to stay overnight in a novel environment and access typical camp activities, along with their family members
- We ask that you limit family members to immediate family members living in the same household
- We ask that parents are prepared to supervise their children at all times. Volunteers do not provide supervision
- Given the number of families at camp, we cannot host children with aggression directed to others or elopement (running away). Staff primarily consists of Camp Twin Lakes counselors and community volunteers who are responsible for running activities, not managing behavior
- Due to the shared cabins, we cannot support children who are loud or disruptive during nighttime hours. Although the cabins are shared, families have access to their own air- conditioned living space with its own entry/exit way, private bathroom, and showers. The cabins are divided with plastic dividers.
The price for camp is $175 per family, for up to 5 people, with an additional per person fee for any additional person over the age of 5. The cost covers all activities, lodging, and food for the weekend (there are no additional expenses).
For interested families and volunteers, please contact Anna Steers.
Details: All applications will be reviewed by a Marcus Autism Center clinician and the Children’s Camp Director. Phone screens may be conducted to ensure campers have necessary skills in order to be successful in the camp environment.
September 30, 2022 to October 2, 2022
12:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Camp Twin Lakes' Camp Will-A-Way