Camp You B You sleep-away camp is a week-long camp for children ages 8 to 16 with autism or related disorders who present with moderate- to high-functioning skills. We offer two programs for families to consider.
General camp (ages 8 to 14)
General camp is for children ages 8 to 14 who are able to function with a 5-to-1 camper to adult ratio. Instruction across the course of the week will include but is not limited to:
- Independent hygiene routines and life skills
- Social skills practice
- Participating in activities with others
- Having reciprocal conversations on self-selected and non-self-selected conversation topics
- Taking turns
- Sportsmanship/losing games
- Encouraging peers
- Asking for help
Campers who are 14 years old will get the opportunity to experience some of the same programming as the Leader in Training (LIT) specialty campers to prepare them for the LIT application process when they turn 15.
Specialty camp: Leader in Training (LIT) (ages 15 to 16)
The Leader in Training (LIT) specialty camp offers a unique opportunity designed to teach beginning leadership training skills. Instruction across the course of the week will include but is not limited to:
- Assisting camp counselors with group management of younger campers
- Facilitating beginning social skills among other campers
- Assisting younger campers with participation in challenging activities
- Acting as a role model for younger campers
The requirements for LIT specialty camp are:
- Five interview questions will be sent to all applicants interested in the LIT program.
- From there, a web-based video interview (approximately 30 minutes) will be scheduled the week of April 1 through April 5, 2019.
- Camp coordinators will complete the interviews with each applicant as a part of the review process.
When is this year’s camp?
Camp You B You sleep-away camp is June 23 through June 28, 2019 (Sunday afternoon through Friday morning).
*LIT specialty campers will arrive the morning of June 23.
What is the camper fee?
The cost to attend camp is $300.
Where is the camp located?
Camp You B You sleep-away camp will be at Camp Twin Lakes in Warm Springs, Georgia, in 2019.
Sleep-away camp registration
Registration is now closed. If you would like for your child to be added to the waitlist, please complete the camper application.
The application review process may include a caregiver phone screen and an in-person intake interview. Caregivers will be notified about acceptance by April 12, 2019.
Contact Jamie Ekstrom with questions about our 2019 sleep-away camp.
Review the sleep-away camp FAQs.