Designed to meet the following goals, the crisis prevention program:
- Is safe for the individual and user.
- Minimizes or even eliminates the need for restraint/containment.
- Uses the core principles of applied behavior analysis.
- Highlights the use of the least intrusive procedures necessary.
- Can be attuned to the needs of the users who implement the strategies on a daily basis.
- Places emphasis on realistic, hands-on training.
Training consists of two parts and is designed to provide users with the basic knowledge and skills necessary to prevent, manage and de-escalate crisis situations.
De-escalation and post-crisis management strategies
Users will learn how to:
- Reduce the likelihood of crisis situations.
- Recognize crisis situations.
- Implement appropriate de-escalation strategies based on the individual’s needs during a crisis situation.
- Take appropriate action following crisis situations to minimize the probability of future crises.
Personal protective procedures
Users will learn how to safely manage individuals who become aggressive or engage in destructive behavior. Training includes didactics, demonstration and practice. Practice is designed to be as realistic as possible so users learn the procedures, when to use them, how to use them in a real-life situation and how to transition between procedures.
User and trainer certifications are available.
- Users–Can implement the procedures, but are not certified to train any other individuals in these procedures.
- Trainers–Can train users within your company or facility.
Different tiers are available so you can choose the level of training that best fits the needs of your program.
- Tier 1–De-escalation, post-crisis management strategies and personal protective procedures without containment
- Tier 2–De-escalation, post-crisis management strategies and personal protective procedures with unassisted containment
- Tier 3–De-escalation, post-crisis management strategies and personal protective procedures with unassisted containment and assisted containment
- Tier 4–De-escalation, post-crisis management strategies and personal protective procedures with unassisted containment, assisted containment and prone containment
Our crisis management training program is best suited for the following audiences:
- Behavioral analysts
- Clinical practioners
- Emergency department staff
- School staff and administration
- Residential, group home or day treatment personnel
Full on-site and off-site training can be arranged to meet all of your organization’s needs.
For more information, contact Seth Clark or call 404-785-9463