Marcus Autism Center is committed to training current and future generations of researchers, clinicians and other professionals who interact with children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
We sponsor training activities through the U.S. through observations, practica, scholarly preceptorships, internships and fellowships, as well as public lectures, grand rounds, and continuing education workshops and symposia.
The training team at Marcus Autism Center develops and supports local, state, regional, national and international activities that share the knowledge gained from our research and clinical services by providing innovative and effective education and training.
We are committed to expanding the competence of providers in Georgia and throughout the world. Consultative support for school staff training and program development are provided through the School Consultation Program, the Educational Outreach Program, and as needed for other specialty areas through the training office.
At Marcus Autism Center, we offer training in these disciplines:
- Applied behavior analysis
- Business and finance
- Crisis management and prevention
- Occupational therapy
- Public health
- Social neuroscience
- Social work and counseling
- Speech-language pathology
Our robust training opportunities also include fellowships and internships:
- Nationally accredited doctoral internship in professional psychology
- APPIC-member postdoctoral fellowship in professional psychology through the Department of Psychiatry at the Emory School of Medicine
Marcus Autism Center is an approved provider of continuing education for:
- Behavior analysts and psychologists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech-language pathologists
View upcoming training events at Marcus Autism Center.