Rashelle Berry, MPH, MS, RDN, LD, is a Nutrition Manager for the Feeding Program at Marcus Autism Center and Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. She has worked in this program for more than 10 years. Rashelle received her Master in Public Health in epidemiology from Emory University and her Master of Science in nutrition from Georgia State University.
Rashelle’s clinical work and research focuses on the nutrition and growth of children with feeding disorders. Her primary areas of interest include nutritional deficiencies in children with food selectivity, standardization of weaning children from tube feedings and the nutrition treatment of GI disorders.
Rashelle has given numerous presentations across the country on the topic of feeding disorders in an effort to disseminate information to clinicians and caregivers.
- Sharp, W.G., Postorino, V., McCracken, C.., Berry, R.C., Criado, K.K., Burrell, T.L., & Scahill, L.D. (2018) Dietary Intake, Nutrient Status, and Growth Parameters in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder and Severe Food Selectivity: An electronic medical record review. J Acad Nutr Diet. 118 (10):1943-1950.
- Berry, R. C., Novak, P., Withrow, N., Schmidt, B., Rarback, S., Feucht, S., Criado, K. K., & Sharp, W. G. (2015) Nutrition Management of Gastrointestinal Symptoms in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder: Guideline from an Expert Panel. J Acad Nutr Diet. 115 (12):1919-1927.
- Berry, R. C. (2018). Feeding Aversions in the Tube Fed Child. Presented at American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (ASPEN) Nutrition Pre-conference, Las Vegas, NV.
- Berry, R. C., & Sharp, W. G. (2016). Detection and Treatment of Severe Nutritional Deficiencies in Autism. Food and Nutrition Conference and Expo (FNCE). Lecture presented from Boston, MA.
- Berry, R. C., & Sharp, W. G. (2014). Pediatric Feeding Disorders: Assessing Typical Dietary Fluctuations vs. Chronic/Severe Feeding Problems. North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (NASPGHAN) Annual Meeting and Postgraduate Course. Lecture presented from Atlanta, GA.
- Berry, R. C., & Sharp, W. G. (2014). Feeding the Child with Autism, One Case at a Time. Food and Nutrition Conference and Expo (FNCE). Lecture presented from Atlanta, GA.