Program Manager, Psychologist
Adjunct Assistant Professor, Emory University School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
Laura Dilly, PhD, ABPP, NCSP, serves as a psychologist with the assessment and diagnosis team and APPIC Doctoral Internship Training Director. She coordinates training experiences for undergraduate and graduate students, doctoral interns, post-doctoral residents and medical residents. Dr. Dilly also conducts interdisciplinary, developmental evaluations with children and specializes in evaluations for children referred for autism spectrum disorder (ASD) assessments.
In her Program Manager role, she coordinates training experiences for undergraduate and graduate students, doctoral interns, post-doctoral residents and medical residents with the assessment and diagnosis team. Dr. Dilly earned her doctorate in school psychology from Michigan State University before completing her pre-doctoral internship in the Houston Independent School District. Prior to joining Marcus Autism Center, Dr. Dilly worked in public schools for a decade in roles including lead school psychologist and training coordinator. As a board-certified clinical child and adolescent psychologist, and a nationally certified school psychologist, Dr. Dilly is able to bridge the worlds of medically based and school-based psychological services for children and adolescents.
Dr. Dilly is actively involved in her professional community. She has served on the board of directors of the Georgia Psychological Association in a variety of roles and is the 2019-2020 president of the Georgia Psychological Association. She values the translation of science to practice, researching the identification of autism in the public schools and teaching professionals to increase early identification of autism. She authored the book Autism Spectrum Disorder Assessment in Schools to assist in teaching school psychologists about the assessment of children with autism.
- Dilly, L. J. and Hall, C. (2018). Autism spectrum disorder assessment in schools. New York, N.Y.: Routledge Publishing.
- Dilly, L. J., Hendrix, N., & McCracken, C. (2019). Changes in US special education autism eligibility rates from 2010 to 2016. Presented at International Society for Autism Research, Montreal, CA.
- Dilly, L. J. (2019). Clues in the data: Evidence based ASD assessment patterns. Presented at National Association of School Psychologists Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA.
- Dilly, L. J. (2018). Assessment of autism spectrum disorders in the school. Presented at Georgia Association of School Psychologists, Region 6.
- Dilly, L. J. (2016). Early detection and assessment of autism spectrum disorder. Presented at The Way Out Foundation Conference, Voronezh, Russia.