Sunday, June 7, 2020 to Friday, June 12, 2020
You B You Sleepaway Camp is a week-long camp for children ages 8-16 with autism or related disorders who present with moderate to high functioning skills. June 7-12, 2020.
There are two programs:
General Camp (ages 8-14)
General camp is for children ages 8 to 14 who are able to function with a 5:1 camper to adult ratio. Instruction across the course of the week will include but not be limited to:
- Independent hygiene routines and life skills (clothing management, sleep routines, getting ready for daily routines, etc.)
- Social skills practice, participating in activities with others, having reciprocal conversations on self-selected and non-self-selected conversation topics, taking turns, sportsmanship/losing games, encouraging peers, asking for help, etc.
Specialty Camp: Leader in Training (ages 15-16)
The Leaders in Training (LIT) specialty camp offers a unique opportunity designed to teach beginning leadership training skills. Instruction across the course of the week will include but not be limited to:
- Assisting camp counselors with group management of younger campers
- Facilitating beginning social skills among other campers
- Assisting younger campers with participation in challenging activities
- Acting as a role model for younger campers
General campers: $375
LIT specialty campers: $400
Registration for camp will open Monday, Feb. 24, at 9 a.m., and close Monday, April 6. The application review process may include a caregiver phone screen. Caregivers will be notified if their child is offered a spot by Friday, April 10. Follow the links below to complete the registration process.
General Camper Application