Helping children with autism learn ways to improve and address severe behavior problems
The Severe Behavior Program provides a variety of treatment options for children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) who engage in problem behavior.
Our specialists help kids and families:
- Learn why the problem behavior(s) is occurring
- Develop a treatment plan to reduce problem behavior and increase appropriate behaviors
- Integrate treatment strategies into daily life
What we treat
Common referral concerns include:
- Aggression (hurting others)
- Disruptive/destructive behavior
- Dangerous behavior
- Self-injurious behavior (hurting self)
- Pica (eating non-food items)
- Elopement (running away)
Our unique approach
The Severe Behavior Program uses the most current and science-based assessment and treatment strategies, based upon applied behavior analysis (ABA). The Severe Behavior Program offers a continuum of services ranging in intensity to meet each family’s unique needs.
Ours is one of only a few programs in the country with the specialized physical facility, highly trained staff and expertise to treat severe problem behavior.
Therapies are provided by our expert care team that consists of:
- Board certified behavior analysts-doctoral level (BCBA-D)
- Board certified behavior analysts (BCBA)
- Registered behavior technicians
The Severe Behavior Program is supervised by psychologists who are licensed by the Georgia State Board of Examiners of Psychologist or doctoral level Board Certified Behavior Analysts.